1. Seek the Kingdom
- With every breath, be ever vigilant
for the Kingdom of God.
- Strive, thru, prayer and meditation, to maintain a conscious contact
with God ... praying ONLY for knowledge of God's will for me and the
power and resources to carry that out.
Note that the goal is greater awareness of God in our lives. We
cherish our relationships with our favorite references, to be sure, but
our highest priority is not our excellence in any "technique" or resource;
but rather, without hesitation, our continuing progress towards the
outward expression of the God light within us. We take care that
enthusiasm for specific activities, or other charming philosophies does
not distract us from our appointed rounds.
We use favorite questions and affirmations as we
might use a mantra in our meditations ... questions like: Dear God, what
is the best thought, word, deed, feeling, impression that you would
suggest to us in this moment? Or, affirmations like: thank you God
for teaching us what you would have us know; thank you God for guiding us
where you would have us go.
- Spiritual Love is defined as " the sincere
desire for the genuine well-being of the recipient."
We have been tested many times about our
- Love the Lord thy God ... with all thy heart.
- Love thy neighbour.
- Love thyself.
3. Move your
- Take action from this God-centered state-of-mind that you have
invited. See that there is nothing more charming nor more
empowering than action coming from Spiritual Love.
- balance between activity and rest is Joyous.
- Let go of all attachment to all outcomes. "Not my will God but
Thine." Know that God is Good all the time and whatever happens
will be in accordance with highest and best good.
- Let go of all preconceptions about your part in the Divine Plan.
- Prepare for the very real possibility that your life may change....
sometimes in subtle ways some times in major ways. Allow for the
possibility that you may be "moved" in directions that mean new work,
new friends, new life circumstances.
It may feel strange and perhaps even frustrating at first.
- Discipline yourself to choose your role models to your best
advantage. Expose yourself to people who are really good at doing
things that are important to you.
- Choose your environment wisely. Choose friends that will
support you, your new way of thinking, and your desired lifestyle.
Choose books, television programs, radio programs etc. that support and
nourish your soul.
- For all those circumstances in your life that are going well,
express your gratitude for God's perfect guidance. Let your
gratitude show in every thought, word, deed, feeling that you express to
every person, with every thing, in every place, in every condition,
during every event.
For all those circumstances in your life which are not bringing you
Joy, take responsibility:
- If I am in pain; then I am in error.
- Consider that you faltered on steps 1, 2, & 3.
- Change your mind.
- Repeat steps 1, 2, & 3 with renewed enthusiasm and expectation.
- Feel the feelings within you change immediately as you come into
closer alignment with the perfect guidance of your Higher Power.
- Express gratitude to God for this feedback that brought you to
greater awareness for what brings you Joy; leads you out of your
circumstances of "dis-ease"; and, guides you back into alignment with
your Higher Power's good for you.
- Continue to take fearless moral inventory and, when wrong promptly
admit it to myself and at least one other person. Strive to make
amends except when to do so would cause injury or harm to myself
8. Repeat Steps 1
Life is a journey... not a destination. Occasionally,
there might be apocalyptic events which are Spiritually transformative and
quite dramatic. More often Joyous life is about the fullness of our
awareness in the moment by moment living... doing the little, Loving
things in great ways.
It has been said that the journey of a thousand miles begins
with just one step. And then progresses with another. If we
but persist, we will succeed.
May God, grant me the serenity ...
To accept the things which I cannot
The courage to change the things
which I can;
And the wisdom to know the
Grant me patience for the things that
Tolerance for the struggles of others
which may be different from my own;
Appreciation for all that I already
And the willingness to get up and try
One day at a time.